Corundum Mullite Bricks
Corundum-mullite bricks are high alumina refractory products consisting of corundum and mullite main crystalline phases. PER’s corundum-mullite bricks have excellent creep resistance, high-temperature resistance, and low apparent porosity.
PER Refractories produces both standard-sized refractory bricks and customized-shaped refractory bricks. High quality and cheap price are our advantages. You can always contact us for a free quote.
Parameters of Corundum Mullite Bricks
Corundum-mullite bricks have good high-temperature strength, high-temperature creep resistance, thermal shock resistance, and erosion resistance.
Typical physical and chemical properties of corundum-mullite bricks are Al2O3>85%, Fe2O3 0.45%, apparent porosity 19%, room temperature compressive strength greater than 55MPa loaded softening temperature greater than 1700 ℃, heating line change (1600 ℃, 3h) -0.1%, thermal shock resistance (1100 ℃ water-cooled) greater than 30 times.
|Item/Index||Mullite Bricks||Resintering Fused Mullite Bricks||Mullite-Corundum Bricks||Corundum-Mullite Bricks|
|Cold Crushing Strength||≥90MPa||≥100MPa||≥80MPa||≥100MPa|
|Initial Refractoriness Under Load||≥1630℃||≥1700℃||≥1650℃||≥1700℃|
Advantages of Corundum Mullite Bricks Produced by PER
Corundum Mullite Brick is a kind of high-grade refractory material, mainly used in the high-temperature area of ultra-high temperature tunnel kilns, such as furnace walls, furnace roofs, kiln cars, and other parts. Corundum mullite brick has the following advantages:
1. High-temperature resistance, high refractory temperature, high load softening temperature.
2. Resistant to chemical erosion, strong resistance to acidic solution and slag.
3. Oxidation resistance. O2, H2, CO, and other gases are not easy to chemical reaction.
4. Good thermal stability, high-temperature volume stability, not easy to expand and contract.
5. Resistant to thermal shock, rapid cooling, and heating, not easy to peel off.
6. High compressive strength at room temperature, not easy to wear out when handling and unloading.
What is The Use of Corundum-Mullite Bricks?
1. Corundum-mullite bricks are in direct contact with flame. It can be mainly used in the petrochemical industry, large and medium-sized ammonia gasifiers and magnetic material gasifier materials, high-temperature industrial kiln supporting facilities materials, and so on. Not easy to flake, high-temperature resistance, can be adapted to a variety of environmental conditions of high-temperature kiln use. It can be used in high-temperature kilns under various environmental conditions. It can be used as the working layer of high-temperature kilns for other industrial applications.
2. Corundum-mullite bricks are widely used in zirconia ceramics, fluorescent materials, electronic ceramics, magnetic materials, ceramic powder high-temperature sintering and petrochemical industry gasifier, ammonia two-stage conversion furnace, carbon black reactors, glass industry high-temperature kiln equipment.
Corundum Brick Production Technology
Corundum mullite bricks are usually manufactured using synthetic mullite. The aggregate and powder are added to the batch in a certain proportion and particle size at an inclined angle, and the sulfite pulp waste liquid is used as the binder, which is added in a certain order and stirred well. Molding with a friction brick machine or liquid pressure brick machine also can use mullite particles as aggregate and – Al2O3 powder as powder, or corundum particles electrofused or sintered as aggregate and synthetic mullite powder as powder. The bricks are dried and fired at 1650 ~1750.
What are The Properties of Corundum Mullite Bricks?
1. Heavy material has good densification, high compressive strength, strong resistance to various corrosive gases, good thermal shock stability, excellent thermal conductivity, and wear-resistant.
2. Lightweight materials with uniform internal structure, more suitable price, high compressive strength, erosion resistance, earthquake resistance, oxidation resistance, high service temperature, and low thermal conductivity.
3. Corundum mullite bricks and mullite refractory bricks have the advantages of high load softening temperature, low creep rate at high temperatures, good thermal shock resistance, etc. In addition, at high temperatures, mullite can react with water vapor to generate Al2O3 and damage, which is widely used in industrial furnaces and kilns such as blast furnaces hot air furnaces, glass melting kilns, dry quenching coke, and heating furnace. Corundum mullite bricks are easily corroded by alkali refractory bricks at high temperatures.
About PER Refractories Company
PER Refractories Company is located in Xinmi City, Henan Province, the hometown of refractory materials in China. Our company is a technology-based stubborn enterprise integrating R&D, production, sales, and technical service. The territory’s rich resources and excellent quality provide unparalleled superior conditions for the production of refractory materials. Our main products are refractory clay bricks, high alumina refractory bricks, refractory silica bricks, magnesium refractory bricks, mullite bricks, insulation bricks, and other high-temperature-resistant products.
PER considers the most important thing, we believe in taking every product seriously and receiving every customer sincerely. To provide fast and high-quality results for all our customers. PER Refractories will be your most trustworthy refractory manufacturer and reliable partner.
Company PER refractory is the production base of green, energy-saving, and environment-friendly new refractory materials. Our company has passed ISO9001:2008 international quality system certification and GB/T24001-2004 / ISO14001:2004 environmental management system certification, enterprise-quality inspection agency certification. Our products are sold well in more than 20 countries all over the world. They are the preferred refractory products for metallurgy, non-ferrous, petrochemical, glass, ceramics, and other refractory industries.